[TenTec] Orion RF issue

Martin AA6E aa6e at ewing.homedns.org
Fri Jan 26 13:10:17 EST 2007

Aha. Well, then there might be something resonant at 80 M that is
producing a high voltage at the rig.

You could try disconnecting everything from the rig, except the antenna
coax.  (Grounds, mic cords, etc.)  That would still leave a possible
common mode current coming in over the DC leads.  You could try using a
storage battery or maybe easier, to make a choke for the DC leads by
making 8-10 turns around a ferrite toroid.

73 Martin AA6E