[TenTec] ORION2_HW-NOISE_BLANKER

George goofyham at highstream.net
Sat Jan 27 17:40:12 EST 2007

The hardware noise blanker is too aggressive in my Orion2. I have power line noise on 160 meters and a variable HW noise blanker would be useful if it could be cut back some. Currently, when I invoke the HW blanker, and there are strong signals near the listening frequency, it is murder on the listening frequency.
My question is: Why would Ten Tec not have allowed for a variable HW noise blanker in this high end radio? The SW blanker is useless.
        Does anyone else have this problems with the O2 HW noise blanker with near by strong signals up and down the band creating problems to the listening frequency?
    Thanks.
    George  W2YJ