[TenTec] Paragon Problem -spurs on either side of carrier

joel hallas jrhallas at optonline.net
Sun Jan 28 08:18:20 EST 2007

Folks,

I seem to have a new problem with my Paragon. It transmits spurs 600 Hz
above and below the carrier about 10 to 20 dB down from the carrier.
This was reported to me by someone using the spectrum scope on an
SDR-1000. I have confirmed that at least one is there on another
receiver and the level seems about right. I can also notice the effect
on strong receive signals. I thought it was them <g>!

I will put it on the spectrum analyzer at work next week, but wondered
if this is a known problem? I have done the "routine" things like
tighten all board screws and reseat all connectors and master reset.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Joel Hallas, W1ZR