[TenTec] Orion 2 HW Noise Blanker

Toby Pennington toby423 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 27 21:14:07 EST 2007

It's too bad that modern transceivers don't incorporate some of the features such as the MFJ 1026 exhibits.  By using a noise canceller ahead of the antenna input you can null the offending noise before it gets into the receiver.

Of course then you would have to install some kind of noise antenna by which you could phase or null the noise out.

I believe that in the next ten years noise will be one of the major problems for ham radio operators.  There are more and more part 15 devices coming out on the market now,  and it just keeps getting worse as time goes by, not to mention power line problems.

I suggest that some of the manufacturers look in to this and see what can be with adding noise cancellers like the MFJ1026 unit.  There may be others,  but I am just familiar with this particular one.

It would be great to see Ten Tec incorporate such a device in their rigs.

Toby  W4CAK