[TenTec] MFJ-1026

Rick Westerman, NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Jan 30 01:30:45 EST 2007

Hi Wayne,

I'm not "Mike" but I can tell you how I did it with my two noise cancelors.

For the past 30 years, every radio I ever had, including about 8 or 9
Ten-Tecs, received a slight little modification.
I mounted two RCA phono jacks on the rear panel (in case there were not
already 2 spares) and then I interrupted the internal 50 ohm coax line
which went between the T/R switching circuit and the receivers antenna
input (to its RF amp).  I inserted the noise cancelor there.
I originally did this for inserting an external preselector, but it also
worked just fine with the noise cancelor.

If you do it like that, then there is no influence on the QSK
performance of your rig.

By the way, the new OMNI VII has provisioned for this inside the radio,
but the connections are not brought out to the rear panel.
You just have to add the internal cables connecting it to the (existing)
two spare jacks on the rear.

73
Rick