[TenTec] Orion/O2 Drift Problem-who is interested in a fix?

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Tue Jan 30 02:21:19 EST 2007

I imagine there is a way to use an external GPS referenced10 MHz oscillator
to stabilize a 44.45 MHz Master Oscillator, but I'll bet it would be
expensive! The 10 MHz GPS stabilized part is a no-brainer and the parts are
cheap and available.  It's the rest that's a challenge.

The OCXO units I found at
http://www.ecliptek.com/oscillators/EB71F51/#freqstab  have stabilities in
the .1 ppm range.  Not GPS standard, but pretty good!

      Ron N6IE
 www.N6IE.com
(Formerly N6AHA)