[TenTec] Orion/O2 Drift Problem-who is interested in a fix?

Paul Elliott paab at valornet.com
Tue Jan 30 15:58:48 EST 2007

With a high selectivity audio filter on the back end of my Orion I can, on a
noisy (electrical) city lot, copy weak cw signals that I cannot, without the
audio filter, hear  .  Sometimes the combination of noise and low signal
strength results in no signal unless I am tuned right on-move 3 or 4 Hertz
either up or down and the signal is gone.  Many times I have to tune around
15 or 20 Hertz after I finish calling to find, hopefully, the signal
again-not good.  Right now I don't know whether the move is due to the Orion
or the other station.  I would like to take the Orion out of the equation-it
would improve my odds.

For me and the operating that I do stability and repeatability take
precedence over absolute accuracy-but of course absolute accuracy would take
care of everything.

73 Paul W5DM