[TenTec] Pegasus remote control - what software

Paul designer at quickdata.com
Tue Jul 3 00:39:34 EDT 2007

Though I started with an ArgoV, a while back I picked up a Pegasus
with the idea that it would become my "digital" rig and allow for a
lot of experimentation. I wasn't paying much attention to the
software I was running because it worked on the ArgoV and/or Jupiter
- how far away in compatibility could the Pegasus be?  But it turns
out, HRD doesn't recognize the Pegasus. I thought the Pegasus was
just a Jupiter without knobs.

I do have N4PY software for it but haven't looked into the
remote-control ability compared to the HRD setup. I'm guessing they
would both use Skype or some such for audio i/o, but I believe HRD
includes control via the internet without third party software like
PCAnywhere.

I was hoping to just turn all my software pointed to the Argo over to
the Pegasus on a different COM port.  I know I can do PTT that way.
And I can use N4PY for control the Frequency. What are people
experimenting with for Remote Control of Freq. Mode, etc. - if
anything?
Thank you and 73,
Paul