[TenTec] Thanks to KG6TT, Corsair II display problem solved

VE5AEA hutchinson at yourlink.ca
Wed Jul 4 19:32:29 EDT 2007

Jerry (and the list),

You've saved my Corsair II a trip back to TN with your writeup on the
replacement of the C6 capacitor.  I recently had the display freeze up
just after the RAC Canada day contest, and powering off the Corsair and
then back on left me with a blank display (save for the decimal point).
A quick scan on the list archives revealed the identical problem and
potential solution. Trying the easy fixes first (cleaning the jumper
connections) didn't help.  What did work was replacing C6 on the logic
board with a fresh 2.2 uf cap.  Solved the problem and its been perfect
now for the past few days.  Kudos to you sir...

73 Dave
VE5AEA, N5XL