[TenTec] Technical Correspondence

Clark Savage Turner csturner at kcbx.net
Thu Jul 26 19:47:36 EDT 2007

Heck, you can hack at my replies anytime, Duane :-)  You're well
qualified!

Yes, it is not an easy analogy and would have its problems.  I'm
idealizing a whole lot.  Ten Tec would be at the helm, using
SourceForge for coordination but they would release binary versions of
their fully approved package.  Users who do NOT want to tinker or worry
about others' tinkering just download the binaries and forget about it
all.  Tinkerers go to SourceForge where there are forks to allow fixing
and addition of features that anyone can fiddle with, IF they are
responsible for their own craziness (and sometimes its just that :-)
They'd have to know how to go back to former, stable versions, stuff
like that.  Normal consumers, not interested in messing around, just
stick with the main binary version approved and worked over by the
folks at Ten Tec.

Wouldn't that be wonderful?  OK, and I still play a lot of Steve
Goodman tunes, too.

Clark
WA3JPG