[TenTec] RX-10 Operation

Gary E Norman genorman1 at cox.net
Mon Jul 30 18:22:25 EDT 2007

No, it shouldn't be normal.
I had a PM-3A years ago that would oscillate like this on receive when the
dry cell batteries I was using got low.  Don't know if it was due to the
lower voltage or the higher internal resistance of the battery.
Cured it by switching to a fresh battery. Before getting a new battery, I
was able to make the oscillation stop by putting an electrolytic capacitor
across +12V and Gnd.

Gary, W1PG