[TenTec] Frozen display on Omni V.9

Bob Towers mm0rkt at beeb.net
Tue Jul 31 10:07:26 EDT 2007

Ken Kinyon wrote:
> Hi Bob,
> I am no expert, however I would suspect the optical encoder on the main tuning
> dial, or else perhaps one of the interconnecting cables for it has worked loose.
> 73,
> Ken W7TS
>
>Thanks, Ken, for your suggestions.

The fact that it has been a gradual increase in the problem maybe points
to a component failure rather than a working loose of one of the
interconnects. I'll take the lid off and unplug/plug all the connectors
I can see and maybe this will do the trick.

Otherwise it's a new optical encoder.

Because I use the rig mostly for CW and digital modes and can tune it
with the mouse wheel, it's no more than an inconvenience. But ut would
be nice to get it fixed!

73

Bob
MM0RKT