[TenTec] V 2.062a Orion 565AT

Merle Bone merlebone at charter.net
Wed Jun 6 00:38:57 EDT 2007

K1AF said:
"Does any one have the same problem I have with V 2.062a?  When I attempt to
change bands or modes after a few minutes of operation, all signals are lost
from the audio and the band scope, yet the rest of the display appears normal.
Turning the Orion off, and back on after an hour or so, restores the signals,
only to be lost again after a few minutes when attempting a band change.
Master resets do not help.  I reloaded V2.059, and the rig works normally,with
no problems changing bands or modes.  Meanwhile, I am living with V 2.059
K1AF"

Owen,
I have now had the same problem twice. Tonight I decided to try some "control changes" to try to find
a way to get the receiver back without powering off/on. I was on 20M and switched to 40M when I found the signals
had disappeared. I checked several bands and I found that I could hear one signal on 30M but the S-meter was not moving
and the signal was not strong. Next I went back to 20M and I could hear signals normally on that band, but not others - 80M, 40M,
30M. Next I went back to 20M and I changed the RF gain control. When I went to 30M I could clearly hear several signals on the band
and the band noise level was up on the S-meter - same for 40M and 80M. At this point all seems to be operating as
it should be. Others using v2.062a may want to watch for this issue.
Thanks & 73, Merle