[TenTec] Lightning Strike Results...

waltk8cv4612amos at att.net waltk8cv4612amos at att.net
Fri Jun 15 20:37:09 EDT 2007

I unplug from the power lines all my rigs when I am done with them. I also
ground all antennas and if storms are predicted I disconnect them from a
patch panel in the basement so none come into the house. When lightening
start flying around I even unplug the TV and other appliances. Over the
years I have lost a kitchen TV before I could get it unplugged and now the
new one has a mov on it like the big living room one. I have mov's in all
the power strips and quit operating when things get dicey !

I worked outside for the phone company when I was a young guy and saw lots
of cable trouble from lightning.

Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI