[TenTec] Orion Firmware Stability

K5XS at aol.com K5XS at aol.com
Tue Jun 19 10:25:38 EDT 2007

Paul,

Your impression tracks what mine was...until I got an Orion.

I have had it several months and have put it through the wringer.  In  the
time I have had it, I have not had even one single glitch.  No software  issues
at all.  And I have used it on several modes (CW, SSB, FM, PSK-31,  RTTY,
SSTV) and in some pretty intense operating.  I have accessed nearly  every feature
and have set most every variable parameter.  No bugs, no  hang-ups, not one.

But before I bought it, I was concerned as you apparently are, since I had
read so many stories of folks having issues.  I do not doubt for a minute
their issues were (and are) real, but I haven't had any.

So, I don't know what to say other than I have found the version of  firmware
that came with it (2.037j) a solid system.

73,
Bernie K5XS

In a message dated 6/19/2007 7:56:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,