[TenTec] Omni VII

Carter, K8VT k8vt at ameritech.net
Thu Jun 21 07:56:02 EDT 2007

Grant Youngman wrote:

> > I'm intrigued by the lack of comments on the July QST review of the
> >  OMNI VII.
>
>  You might check the Omni-VII group over on Yahoo.
>
>  I think the apparent lack of discussion is more that the radio turned
>  out to be what about everyone expected, i.e., a good radio and no
>  real surprises in the review.  There's a LOT of discussion on that
>  other list about the remote features also.

I asked this a couple of months ago, but maybe I asked too early, so let
me try again:

How does this radio compare, *performance-wise*,  to an Omni VI Option 3?

Unless I really need the Internet feature or the LCD screen, is there
any compelling reason to sell the 6 and buy the 7?

Thanks,
Carter K8VT