[TenTec] Orion antenna relay stuck?

JAMES HANLON knjhanlon at msn.com
Thu Mar 1 13:03:30 EST 2007

John,

I'm far from an Orion expert - I'm only on the list because I have an Argonaut 505 - but I do know a few things about relays.  It is unlikely that a relay would "stick" at the beginning of an operating period and then work properly for the rest of the day's operation.  If you could get to the relay in question with an volt/ohm meter, you should be able to find out what it is doing quite easily.  Measure the coil voltage to see if the relay is being energized when it should be, and measure continuity from the relay swinger to its two stationary contacts, normally closed with no power applied and normally open with no power supplied, to see if it is functioning properly.

Jim, W8KGI