[TenTec] emergency back up power

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Mon Mar 5 00:20:42 EST 2007

Paul,

My array of batteries can provide about 1500 amp hours, provided that the
discharge rate is kept reasonable.

No discount sources that I know of.  That's because most batteries that have
seen use have been handled so poorly that they have been significantly
impaired.

Special electronics are not especially hard to work up yourself.  You must
avoid over or undercharge, which is pretty much a matter of voltage
regulation.  And every so often you must apply an equalizing charge to make
sure that all batteries are properly topped up.  You can Google that phrase
and come up with lots of stuff.  Or look at Home Power Magazine.

Overspend on the batteries and make savings elsewhere if you can.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ