[TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 51, Issue 5

CATFISHTWO at aol.com CATFISHTWO at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 14:03:44 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/5/2007 8:33:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tentec-request at contesting.com writes:

A  steppIR smaller (10
thru 20 meter ) vertical mounted on the shack roof or  one of those fiber
glass push up poles clamped to the back yard fence and  about 25 feet of wire
over to the roof of the shack and one of the new MFJ  926 tuners or an SGC
230. That should give me 10 thru 40 meters.  But  I am concerned with power
loss in the tuner.  My main interest are  PSK31, CW and Rtty. With only 20
watts to start with how much can I expect  to loose in the tuner?  Please
reply  to
n5wmqmail at comcast.net

thank you
David

with the steppir vert you do not need a tuner for 6-20 meters.  just tune the
antenna.  I run a 3 ele, steppir  6-20 beam, best  antenna I ever owned

tom N6AJR
http://www.aol.com.