[TenTec] Is there a beefier 2N5301?

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Tue Mar 6 23:35:39 EST 2007

Hi Jerry,

Nope...a properly designed TEC cooler is very efficient.  My designs usually
operate at a COP of between 3 and 7.  Its a common myth that TEC coolers
operate at a COP of near unity or less.   (COP = Coefficient of performance
which is cooling power accomplished divided by electric power used to
accomplish it)  That's for those other than Jerry who might not know the
acronym.

Yes, the heat does finally have to get out to the air via a sink...but the
key is that the transistor no longer sees the high temp of that sink.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ