[TenTec] How to K2 and Paragon compare?

W.D. (Doc) Lindsey dock0evz at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 8 21:00:15 EST 2007

Good Evening:

How to the receivers in the Elecraft K2 and the Ten Tec Paragon compare in actual practice?  This here true Old Timer of 47 years of nearly 100% CW really wants to know [g].  And believe it or not, I have never actually operated a Paragon.  Have had any number of very pleasant QSO's with them, and they have always sounded truly terrific, a hallmark of Ten Tec rigs.  But would someone with direct experience with them please let me know how the receivers compare.  I have looked up the numbers, which of course are significant.  But perhaps someone can fill in the more intangible "look" and "feel" of how these rigs compare in actual operation.

Right now I actually have several rigs in-house from both of these excellent companies, and have no complaints.  I like all of 'em.  One thing which helps *me* occasionally in contesting is the larger form factor of the Ten Tec rigs, of course, given my physical limitation = having to operate with only my left arm.  Anyway, if someone can say a bit about how the Paragon *actually* compares to the K2 I would appreciate.  Remember, I am referring mainly to the RX itself.  Please do off-line, if you will.  No reason to use up Bandwidth since the Paragon is no longer in the active inventory.  Thanks everyone!

73,
--Doc/K0EVZ

W.D. (Doc) Lindsey
dock0evz at earthlink.net