[TenTec] Orion Noise Reduction Ability

Chris Brougham cbrougham at telus.net
Tue Mar 20 18:58:27 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

I'm considering a new rig to replace my Mark V. I live in an extremely
noisy environment and have found the noise reduction capabilities of the
Mark V lacking. I've used the MFJ noise reducer to phase out some of the
crud, but I'm still not completely satisfied. Interestingly, my SGC
2020s ADSP II rig has a much better DSP solution and this leads me to
believe maybe a more advanced DSP is the way to go.

Can anyone comment on either the Orion I or Orion II's ability to defeat
wide band power line noise?

Thanks for any help!

73 Chris VA7CAB

--