[TenTec] GFCI problem when running high power

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Tue Mar 27 14:50:11 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 15:39 -0400, John K Gotwals wrote:
> Many thanks for the helpful suggestions. I will start by replacing the
> breaker, and if the problem is not solved, I will try a common-mode ferrite
> choke.
>
> John, N9JG

If you do add a capacitor, don't go to ground, go line to neutral. Too
much C to ground will trip it from the line current not returned back
through the neutral. RF trips of early GFCI were one of their teething
problems that will probably be worse with the new Arc Fault CI that are
soon to be required all over houses.

73, Jerry, K0CQ