[TenTec] Transverter

Stan Dicks w4ag at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 28 21:55:59 EST 2007

I've used the 1208 for a couple of years with my Orion, and it works quite
well. Carl's software has saved my bacon more than once when I left my power
setting at 100 and transmitted into the transverter, and it is nice to see
the 50 MHz display instead of 14 MHz. I also agree with the other post;
adding a Mirage or other similar amp to get up to 150 watts or so is the
difference between almost constant frustration and a reasonable level of
success.

73,
Stan, W4AG