[TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion?

Neal Campbell K3NC nealk3nc at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:33:39 EDT 2007

I own both a K2 and an Orion 2 (as well as a SDR1000). The main
problem with the K2 is the smallness of the case and the fact that
every button has a 'tap' behaviour and an 'press and hold' behaviour
which I find a bit annoying (I have not mastered how to safely do
that when excited by DX, etc) I see  they are retaining the tap/hold
methodology in the K3 which is a shame. For me, they could have made
the box 1/4 bigger and added a few more buttons.

I also like a big box for rigs needing an operational front (I
actually prefer the PowerSDR software interface for all but
contesting and who knows?)
Neal Campbell K3NC
nealk3nc at gmail.com

telnet to our DX Spotting clusters at: dxc.k3nc.com, ports 12001 and 23

"Devoted to Dogs: How to be your dog's best owner"
Great Dog Book  at www.abrohamneal.com