[TenTec] Band Stacking Registers - 2.038k

ac9s at mchsi.com ac9s at mchsi.com
Wed May 2 17:39:48 EDT 2007

Has anyone else noticed an anomaly with the band stacking registers on
2.038k?  When I switch bands the radio comes up in the same named register as
in the previous band.  For example, I have been on 20 cw listening for
(emphasis on for, because he has been darned hard to hear from 9 land) BS7H.
20 cw is currentlhy loaded in Band A.  When I punch the 18 meter band button
the radio also comes up with the A label on 18 which I have set for cw,
although the last time I was on 18 I was on band C at the top of the band.  In
other words it appears the current band register label now carries over in a
band change.  It is impossible for me to switch between 20 cw and 18 phone by
s simple push of the band buttons.  I also need to push the new band button
enough times to get to the label I want.

Anyone else notice this?  Would you consider it a bug worthy of reporting to
Ten Tec?

Thanks --

Keith
AC9S