[TenTec] Band Stacking Registers - 2.038k (2.060b originalorion)

RaySoifer at cs.com RaySoifer at cs.com
Thu May 3 20:17:55 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/3/2007 4:28:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
w7dpw at comcast.net writes:
> Gotham ,  that's really reaching back some years.
>
> Dave W7DPW
>
> I had a 10 meter Gotham yagi

I never had a Gotham antenna because they seemed rather cheesy.  Instead, in
1956, I homebrewed a Gotham vertical lookalike from some aluminum tubing and B&
W coil stock.  The good news is that it stayed up.  The bad news is that it
worked about as well as a Gotham vertical.

Have you guys considered DoctorDX?  I never had a problem hearing any DX
station on that.  If T-T incorporated that into the Orion 3 or Omni 8, problems
would disappear -- until people started to complain about not receiving QSLs,
that is.  I thought about incorporating it outboard into my O2, but couldn't
find my old Commodore 64 :-)

More seriously, my O2 heard BS7H at least an S-unit better, S/N wise, than
the Yaesu Mk V.

73,

Ray W2RS