[TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion

M. Todd Miskel kt0dd at bresnan.net
Fri May 4 09:45:02 EDT 2007

Hello all, just added up the cost of all features of the K3 to match what I
already have in my O2...Came out to $3500!

So I see the marketing hype of comparing the K3 to $4000 radios is alive and
well. It does look like a fantastic rig, and I hear Elecraft pays very close
attention to detail / fit-n-finish etc. making sure their rigs are ready for
"prime time" upon release (an area TT could improve on). However, after
doing the math on price, I just don't have the WOW factor to sell my O2 &
get a K3 for only $500 difference in price.

If only TT would address the NR / NB issues mentioned ad nauseum on this
reflector, or make the NR a separate download with several versions to
please the different tastes, as well as eliminate all the bugs BEFORE
releasing new software, they would have a lot more happy campers out there.

73, Todd - KT0DD