[TenTec] Orion II NR on SSB

RaySoifer at cs.com RaySoifer at cs.com
Sat May 5 12:08:47 EDT 2007

Hi,

I don't do much SSB operating myself, but I've been reading the mail here
about the O2's DSP NR on SSB, or perhaps the lack of it.  I've done a fair bit of
listening for BS7H on SSB during the last few days though (having already
worked him on CW), and found that the DSP NR does work, but is quite critical as
to settings.

I don't claim that these are the absolute best settings, but one set that
worked for me when listening on 14.185 were NR 5, Hang 0.3s, decay 20 dB/s, and
threshold 5 uV.

Don't ask me about how the DSP NR compares with the original Orion, because I
never had one.

Ray W2RS