[TenTec] Omni 6

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Thu May 17 15:42:58 EDT 2007

Merv,

I have the same problem with my Omni VI.

I can often move the birdies out of band by slight movement of the PBT control.
I asked Ten Tec's Service Dept about the problem and this was Don's reply:

"Some birdies, but not all, can
be reduced by making sure that the mounting screws for the boards
and ALL chassis screws are tight. You may have to move some cables and
or put a twist in them. Also on the Band Pass Filter board, any part
that passes through the top ground plane to ground or earth, should be
soldered on the TOP side of the board. No two rigs are the same, some it
 is cables, others it is grounds or a combination of both."

I haven't tried this myself; I just live with problem and when I can stand it no longer
I switch on my trusty CorsairII  :)

73,
Steve G3TXQ