[TenTec] Omni VII meter.

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Sat May 19 17:39:02 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

I don't have an Omni VII, so I cannot give you an authoritative answer.
I do have an idea though. It is a sort of "divide by zero problem". With
an old fashioned SWR bridge, where you have to manually adjust the FWD
reading for full scale with your rig putting out a constant carrier
level, you don't have this problem. With an automatic SWR meter, there
is either analog or digital electronics attempting to do the adjust for
full scale on forward power routine all the time. When the forward power
is zero, the gain for the reflected power reading is cranked up high.