[TenTec] When did Ten-tec switch to Schottky diode ring mixers?

Kevin Purcell kevinpurcell at pobox.com
Sun May 20 15:57:13 EDT 2007

Excellent. Thanks Steve for that data point. And Don, NN8B, who
replied too. Both have the Corsair 2.

So they had switched by 1986.

Anyone with an original Corsair (Corsair 1, so to speak)? I think
that might be the rig they made the switch to schottky diodes.

It would just take a second to check the schematic in the manual on
the RF Mixer board :-)

They won't be MPN-3404 PIN diodes (which appear in fours in the
Corsair too) but something else.

I'm sorry I didn't mention the quad option too (so people go hunting
for 4 diodes) as it is similar to the digital Argosy RX mixer.