[TenTec] When did Ten-tec switch to Schottky diode ring mixers?

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Tue May 22 06:20:39 EDT 2007

Jerry,

I'll repeat that on my Corsair II when the amp is disabled a 3dB Tee attenuator is switched in, so the mixer is never connected directly to the antenna.

Looking at the schematic you could believe that including the attenuator didn't cost TenTec any extra components - the resistors forming the Tee double as the current limits for the switching diodes.

73,
Steve G3TXQ
  Perhaps I mis-wrote. Its not really an optional preamp but the entire RF
  stage that is unhooked connecting the antenna directly to the mixer.
  Some might consider that the normal RF stage, not a preamp. On 75
  meters, mine is disconnected most of the time. Need the additional
  dynamic range on the top end afforded by reducing the RF gain before
  that first mixer. I can't find my Corsair II manual this evening to
  check on that attenuator detail.

  73, Jerry, K0CQ