[TenTec] V2.061f Audio Distortion/AGC Popping

Merle Bone merlebone at charter.net
Tue May 22 13:39:23 EDT 2007

Thanks to Paul (K3SF) for a note on another Orion reflector about this problem. He had done a "reset" to resolve the same problem (audio distortion). Although I had done a "Master Rest," I did a "Ram Clear" and then reloaded V2.031f. The I did another "Ram Clear" and a power off/on. I am no longer hearing the audio distortion, which to me sounded like strong AGC popping on audio/noise peaks. I had been using V1.373b5. I don't have an explanation as to why this worked, but it did. Thanks Paul.

The keying sidetone noise remains.
73, Merle - W0EWM