[TenTec] Orion XVTR RF output

Carl Moreschi n4py at arrl.net
Wed May 23 10:08:26 EDT 2007

The ALC light is very important in SSB in transverter mode.  It means the
SSB envelope is reaching the drive level set by the power control and that
the mic gain control is set high enough.  The ALC light should just flicker
in this mode the same as unde rnormal transmit without the transverter being
on.  If the ALC light is not coming on, then the SSB drive to the
transverter has no control and power will be all over the place.  This is
key to provding the most consistent drive to the transverter.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain
Hays, NC 28635