[TenTec] New Orion I v2 Firmware version: 2.062a

wa3fiy at radioadv.com wa3fiy at radioadv.com
Sat May 26 10:58:40 EDT 2007

On 26 May 2007 at 10:25, K4IA at aol.com wrote:

> Sidetone audio is tinny.  Sounds like a set of old headphones I had  with a
> metal diaphragm.  Very fatiguing to listen to.

Interesting!   I have about a dozen different headsets around here from aircraft style to
Koss stereo HiFi, various types from the FM broadcast station and two pairs of Trimm
Professionals, the ones with a metal diaphragm.  Guess which I prefer on CW?  Yep, the
Trimm's.  They have a nice clean, crisp sound unmatched by all the others.  Very
uncomfortable though until I found some Radio Shack foam pads that fit perfectly.

Just goes to show how different our preferences are and what challenges equipment
designers have in designing equipment that works well for all users.  A lot more difficult
job than we might think.

Everyone have a nice Memorial Day and please remember and honor those who gave
their lives that the rest of us could be free.

73,

-Lee-
WA3FIY