[TenTec] Strange display problem

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Mon May 28 09:42:08 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 08:08 -0500, GARY HUBER wrote:
> I have a similar line on the LCD display of an older GPS.... (possibly the
> display is beginning to fail after several years of extreme temperature
> exposure on dash of automobile)
>
> Best regards,
> Gary - AB9M
> CSM(r) G.L.Huber
> 9679 Heron Bay Road
> Bloomington, Illinois 61704
> (309)662-0604

In a raster LCD display, a line could be a hint of a line driver having
gone bad or simply the connection to a line of the raster having gone
bad. Used to be connections to the LCD display itself was with a zebra
striped sponge and when the LCD had discrete letters and numbers or
segments, loss of a segment was most often loss of that connection at
the edge of the LCD glass envelope.
--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,