[TenTec] Cautionary Tale: Orion 13.8 V connector (long)

Denton denton at oregontrail.net
Tue May 29 16:28:46 EDT 2007

The dc connector has been one of my few gripes about TT rigs...from the 580
delta I had years ago, the Pegasus I used to have, the current Omni 6 and
the Omni 7 that is on its way back to TT for a look see and possibly some
repair. My current Omni 6, I pulled out the dc cable connector and installed
a pig tail with a much stouter dc connector...30 amp power poles.
I will probably clip off the TT male connectors to about 1/4 inch of the pc
board inside of the Omni 7 and install a powerpole pig tail in its place.