[TenTec] Omni-VI plus question

John Cox jecox at tri-lakes.net
Wed Nov 7 08:48:08 EST 2007

John
What are the symptoms of a bad oven.  I have an Omni VI with option 1 and a
VI+.   I  am going to sell one of them.  Yhe VI+ had low power when I bought
it and went back last year to ten-tec to have one or more pin diodes
replaced.  They did a operational check when the repair was completed so its
oven should be ok.  The VI has no frequency drift that I can detect.  They
both operate exactly the same except for the extra filter in the VI+.
Maybe someone here on the list can explain the advantage of the extra
filter?  I currently have 1.8 kc filter in N1 and a 500 cycle filter in N2
I just came back to the hobby last year after being away since 1955.  I find
that on CW with the passband tuning and the 500 cycle filter selected that I
can get rid of almost all adjacent signals.
John Cox  KC0YAI  (prior K6HSG)
Bona, Missouri