[TenTec] N4py software/Orion help

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Thu Nov 15 17:20:17 EST 2007

I have had good luck with the CablesToGo adapter using Vista even though it
doesn't specifically say it works with Vista:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=123071&Sku=C184-26886

I have used these with Vista on another RS-232 equipped device, although I
have no reason to doubt it would work on the Orion II.  Two of the Tiger
Direct reviewers also said it worked with Vista. I use one of these on my
Orion II, although I have it connected to my old XP notebook.  The XP
notebook and this adapter also worked fine on an original Orion I set up at
Field Day.  For $12.99, you can't go wrong!

         Ron N6IE
      www.N6IE.com