[TenTec] Omni VII Configuration Question

Fri Nov 16 09:20:36 EST 2007

To those that have a Omni VII, I'd like to know what values you are using for the following parameters:

I use the 708A mike.  My numbers are shown in { }  Some of these number will be influenced by the adjustment of the internal "hardware mike level" control setting.

SP level %  {30%}  speech processor
VOX Trip level %  {85%}
ANTI-VOX %   {10%}
VOX HANG %  {5%}
MIC level %  {25%}
TX ROLL-OFF   {150Hz}
AN level   {off}   auto notch
NR level {off}  noise reduction

I find these to be quite good numbers.  The radio is a great performer and I get excellent audio reports on transmit.

Reply off list if you wish.

73
Bob, K4TAX