[TenTec] Using the 253 Auto Tuner with a Paragon or Orion on 60 Meters

Edward A. Feustel efeustel at hughes.net
Sun Nov 18 13:11:44 EST 2007

I wanted to use my Orion with a 253 on 60 automatically..

I found out that the 311 band converter and the 236 cable does NOT
connect 60 meters
to the 253.

So I got Larry R. Riley of Riley Accessories
http://rileysaccessories.tripod.com/
to build me a cable that supplied all the 236 lines plus an extra line
that connects to
pin 7 on the 253 and pin 25 on the db-25. Now my tuner uses all 7 bands and
all 28 memories. Further it recognizes 60 meters and will change to that
band when I change  Orion frequencies.
When the 60 Meter band is expanded, this will be even more useful.

The connections on his improved 236 cable will also permit the Paragon
II (and perhaps the Paragon)
to do the same.
Regards,
Ed, N5EI