[TenTec] 706 mic ptt switch problems

K5XS at aol.com K5XS at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 08:58:17 EST 2007

George,
My old 705 mic has the same problem.  And you're right, it is a major
annoyance!
Bernie
K5XS

In a message dated 11/19/2007 7:53:55 A.M. Central Standard Time,
goofyham at rochester.rr.com writes:

Am I the  only one that complains about the PTT button on the 706 mic? I work
a lot  of DX and have need to press this button a lot of times. It's crap
shoot  whether the rig goes into transmit??? Got to press it a number of
times  sometimes to get the rig to transmit.
I have replaced the PTT switch two  times and have a spare but I'm getting
annoyed at this ineffective PTT  switch.
Any thoughts of another better switch?
George W2YJ