[TenTec] Anyone try a 1.8 roofing filter in the Orion?

stoskopf at tri.net stoskopf at tri.net
Tue Nov 20 11:14:54 EST 2007

This casual contester from middle of the US simply puts the Orion on some
comfortable BW, partly based upon band noise, and operates S&P.  The thing
is so bullet proof that I seldom need to narrow the BW.  When SSB stations
are on top of each other doesn't make any difference, just timing the
sequences say when 2 are in the same area and can't hear each other, but
are S9+ here, and it must really confuse them when I work one and then
call the other!  Great rig.

N0UU