[TenTec] OT: RFI from Plasma TV?

Carter, K8VT k8vt at ameritech.net
Tue Nov 20 14:45:08 EST 2007

ron wrote:

>  My answer to the question on RFI from "plasma" devices is:
>
>  assume it's no more or no less than ordinary experiences hams have
>  with "conventional" tellies.

Ron,
Please don't "assume"; Without referring to any specific model numbers,
plasmas, in general,  have been notorious for creating interference,
more so than LCDs or the TI mirrors... (-All- sets have horizontal
oscillators that are capable of putting out spurs, but that is not to be
confused with the interference caused by the high voltage generated plasma).