[TenTec] rtty

David W LeJeune, Sr lejeuned at centurytel.net
Wed Nov 21 21:06:05 EST 2007

When I wrote that I knew I should fire up the Orion II and check the menu
setting

Its in the 'other' menu - FSK Tx Data - choices are either mark hi or mark
low.  In normal RTTY parlance, It's normal or reverse.  For my setup, Mark
High gives me normal RTTY (with MODE set to FSK).  If you have it reversed
(Mark Low), and send a CQ, someone will come back and tell you your signal
is reversed and it's this setting you change.  Receiving is not a problem -
just press the Rev button in MMTTY and flip a switch on your TU and you're
OK.  Depending on how I set up the RigBlasterPro, this setting sometimes
needs to be reversed.

Dave K5WNV