[TenTec] Corsair II PTO Problems

Bob Towers mm0rkt at beeb.net
Wed Nov 28 10:21:04 EST 2007

I had warble problems on my Corsair II.

I got the rebuild kit from TenTec and did it in about 2 hours. The
grease in it was all hardened and black, so it certainly needed it. It
didn't cure the warble, so I did it again a number of times. I could do
a clean-up and re-grease in just over an hour.

It turned out it wasn't the PTO which was causing the problem. The
warble was only on certain bands and eventually - with some help from a
K5 - I traced it to a dirty track on the band offset pot. A squirt of
switch cleaner did the trick.

73

Bob Towers
MM0RKT