[TenTec] Ten-Tec PTOs

Bob Towers mm0rkt at beeb.net
Thu Nov 29 05:53:36 EST 2007

Phil Chambley Sr. wrote:

> I've never seen deep grooves worn into the races.  Given the fact that the assembly is lubricated, I imagine it would take an enormous amount of use to do that, especially since the relatively soft plastic thrust cup is exerting all the pressure.
>
> Your mileage may vary.
>
> 73
> Phil C. Sr.
> k4dpk
>

> I was surprised that the race in my PTO was relatively unworn, given the
state of the rest of the PTO. The cage looked like brass, but I suspect
it was bronze because of the lack of wear. The race part of the tuning
shaft was well necked down - I compared it with the new shaft in the
replacement kit - which had the one advantage of reducing the tuning rate!

73

Bob
MM0RKT