[TenTec] 14,220 noise

K9RBorowski k9rb at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 1 17:06:05 EDT 2007

It peaks here at K9RB in NE Florida, near Jacksonville, between 285 and 290 deg. That bearing runs right through Northern Texas, New Mexico, the Las Vegas area and Central to Northern California. With a TH11DX at 72 ft. with a ground elevation of 73 ft. at the base, being the tallest structure around for about six miles in any direction, it is peaking at S9 + 15dB on my TS-950SDX.

I just phoned a friend, Ron-W9XQ in Roswell and he has it peaking there to the North West, putting it through Las Vegas and North Central California from his QTH. He had it about S9 there with a tribander at 50 ft. That coincides with my findings. It appears to be coming from Nevada or Upper California.

 73, Rog-K9RB