[TenTec] Omni VI AGC question.

k8vf_mark at centurytel.net k8vf_mark at centurytel.net
Sat Sep 1 00:30:50 EDT 2007

I have an omni VI which has some distortion in the received signal(ssb).

If I cut the Rf gain way back, it clears up. It would seem to be overload.

The "S" meter is reading low at this point.
I suspect the AGC is not attacking soon enough.(other ideas appreciated)

My question regards the AGC. There seems to be no way to make it attack
sooner, Correct?

Question: Will adjusting the "S"offset(giving a larger "S" meter reading
sooner) cause more AGC  action sooner? Or is the "S" reading a result of the
circuit and just a meter reading?

I appreciate any assistance.

(With the Omni VI sitting next to a Yaesu, the Omni VI will show similar "S"
meter readings IF the Omni RF gain is reduced 2-3 marks
CCW...........rotating to full rf-gain does not increase signals, but adds
more noise......I add this to help any who can asist in this diagnosis)

Thanks in Advance.

Mark